Monday, March 23, 2009

A Walk Through My Garden...


... looking for spring.

She is very late here - normally the trees are bursting with blossoms by now, the bulbs and early spring shrubs a riot of color. But after our abnormally cold winter, everything still seems to be in hibernation.

I have to look closely to find them, but they are there - little buds opening on the trees, new leaves unfurling. The hellebores, snowdrops and daffodils drooping under the weight of rain drops. I'm looking closely through the lens of my new camera and finding spring on her way!

btw: You can see my new Canon Rebel XSI camera and macro lens in sidebar

8 comments:

  1. They look like new found little treasures.
    Embrase them and they will give you new inspiration (not that you're EVER without that).
    Say hi to your garden for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures - I love your montages (How do you do that on your computer?)
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous set of photos Beverly! I've got to get mine together:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos-good for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how beautiful!!! Love the colours - so subtle and sophisticated. Do you think it's the grey in them that does that? And there are those gorgeous hellebores. I don't know why, but I find them so appealing. Perhaps because they bloom when very little else is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! Doesn't seem to matter what time of year it is, there's beauty to be found in every nook & cranny. The bluebonnets, crimson clover and indian painbrush are already out along the Texas highways while the daffodils, iris, etc. are gracing the garden. Am following your lead and taking photos of the beauty that surrounds me as inspiration for my beading and my new found hobby, quilting!

    ReplyDelete