Tuesday, March 31, 2009

While writing my book...

I am being pulled away for a few days to partake of masses doses of creativity, female bonding and gorgeous scenery at Artfest outside of Port Townsend! Kelly Rae Roberts alerted me to a sudden opening vacated by one of her dear friends and made the festival sound so alluring that I had to do it! I will stay with Kelly Rae and her mommy in one of the officers quarters in the middle of Fort Warden.

LinkLight House at Fort Warden

Fort Warden is one of my family's favorite camping spots and the boys will come down Friday to join me - I get to sleep in the house and they will be camping in our VW Westfalia. The fort has an amazing labrynth of gun batteries - my kids love it.

Fort Warden

I'll bring my computer with me and write, write, write (don't worry Julie - I'll make my deadline!!) in between classes by LK Ludwig, Judy Wise and Bee Shay. I'm so excited!

By the way, thank you to all of you who helped me name my piece (I promise this is the last time you have to look at it!):


'Undersea Volcano'
Molten lava flows out of an undersea volcano extinguishing life on tropical islands, like Hunga Ha ‘apai. Yet from the devastation, new life emerges in a never-ending cycle.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Beverley
    have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Artfest sounds wonderful..enjoy. Love the necklace. Can't wait for your book. You've been a wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go, Beverly, go! I'm amazed you can juggle it all! I hope you have a great time.

    —Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your beaded piece is beautiful and so dramatic. Fort Warden looks wonderful - no wonder your boys love it there. Hope you have a super time and meet your deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time. I like seeing your pieces-don't care how many times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Artfest sounds wonderful... Hope you have a great time soaking in all that amazing soulfood! I imagine it'll fill you up and give you just the impetus you need to finish your book. Can't wait to hear about it when you return.

    And I LOVE the name of your beautiful necklace - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brave experiments with colors! I love all your pieces, dear Beverly, and not only because of colors! :) I'd love to feature you in my monthly newsletter, if YES please let me know at info@mylovelybeads.com . Thank you for your art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect name for your piece! Love the photo as well. It's much easier to see the darker beads in this photo.

    Have a great time at ArtFest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing name and totally fits the necklace. Wished I could have been there to join the guys hiking and having fun outdoors.
    I wish you all the best and more to finish your book. Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the perfect name! i wish our volcano was as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete